Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Mount Holyoke College Art Museum (as well as other college/university-affiliated museums.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (as well as many museums throughout the U.S.)
- The Collector’s Fund
- Various Art Galleries (including the McKee Gallery, Richardson Clake Gallery, and more)
- SAC Capital Advisors
- Beth Israel Deaconess
- Aptara Corp.
- Glamour Magazine
- Various public and private schools
- Smithsonian Institution
- Washington Post Magazine
Great positions for students with this major:
- Art Teacher
- Museum Curator/Curatorial Assistant
- Educator at a Museum
- Collections Manager
- Imaging Assistant
- Web Specialist
- Art/Photo Studio manager/owner
- Visual/Architectural Design Associate
- Research Associate/Technician
- Marketing Assistant
- Art History Department's list of internship resources
- Artsearch – connect through LyonNet
Provides a job search data base for careers in the arts in a wide range of fields.
- Art Career Links
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides specific career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing. Occupational surveys from real employees in each industry are also available.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.