Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Various Medical Centers and Hospitals (e.g. Boston Medical Center, Brigham & Women’s, Massachusetts General Hospital, Children’s National Medical Center, etc.)
- Various Universities and Colleges (e.g. Dartmouth Medical School, UMass Medical, Johns Hopkins, UNC, etc.)
- Field Museum of Natural History
- Food & Drug Administration
- CBR Institute for Biomedical Research
- City Year
- Various public and private schools
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- Biotech Industry Organization
- Southern Environmental Law Center
- Maine Biotechnology
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Western Research & Development
Great positions for students with this major:
- Research Assistant
- Research Technician
- Fulbright Fellow
- Legal Assistant/Lawyer
- Project Planner/Manager
- Patient Services Representative
- Veterinary Assistant/Technician
- Nutrition Assistant
- Grant Writer
- Research Coordinator
- Regulatory Affairs Assistant
- American Institute of Biological Sciences
Find career guidance and classifieds on their Careers in the Biological Sciences page.
- Science Careers
This website is the career component of Science Magazine, and it offers recent articles on up-and-coming science careers in various fields as well as job listings for members.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations, including biological sciences, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare.
- Orion Internship and Career Service
Free service provided by the Orion Grassroots Network. Internships & jobs in conservation, biology, and ecology.
- Careers in Medicine (AAMC)
Career website of the Association of American Medical Colleges. Guided, online career exploration program.
- Spotlight on Careers
Comprehensive career resource guide based on 38 industry categories such as sciences, biotechnology, and public health. Also has information on fellowships and scholarships.
- Vault Career Insider - connect through LyonNet, see CDC homepage
Another career resource that provides specific career summaries as well as guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.