Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Merrill Lynch
- Google, Inc.
- Hewitt Associates
- Microsoft Corporation
- Goldman Sachs & Co.
- JP Morgan Chase
- Raytheon Co.
- Morgan Stanley
- Florida Holocaust Museum
- United Nations
- National Economic Research Associates
- Fidelity Investments
- LABBB Educational Collaborative
- Apple, Inc.
- Various Universities
Great positions for students with this major:
- Software Engineer
- Computer Resource Associate
- Manager of Technical & Program Assessment
- Financial Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- Research Associate
- Program Coordinator/Manager
- Association for Women in Computing
Read job-search, networking, and resume articles by women in computer science.
- Career Guide to Information Security Professions
A printable PDF booklet that gives details on salaries, career paths, required education, and other resources for those interested in information/tech security.
- Association for Computing Machinery
Check out the ACM Career Resource Center to talk with students and professionals in a computer science forum, browse through job postings, or explore different careers in the “Day in the Life” section.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers also has a Computer Society website, as well as a Careers page with entry-level job assistance and info on internships.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including software engineers, systems analysts, programmers, and support specialists.
- Vault Online Career Library - connect through LyonNet
Another career resource that provides specific career summaries as well as guidance for internships, interviewing,
resume- and cover-letter-writing.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.