Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Norwalk Maritime Aquarium
- Organization for Tropical Studies
- Applied Hydrology, Inc.
- Hudson River National Estuarine Research
- Principle Profits Asset Management, Inc.
- The Natural History Museum
- Schulz & Williams Inc.
- San Francisco Urban Service Project
- Canon USA, Inc.
- National Park Service
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Department of Justice
Great positions for students with this major:
- Research Assistant
- Project Assistant/Manager
- Environmental Systems Manager
- Resource Management Assistant/Director
- Program Manager/Director
- GIS Specialist
- Environmental Consultant
- Teacher/Educational Specialist
- Lawyer/Legal Assistant
- Project Specialist
- Writer/Editor (specialty)
- Environmental Careers Organization
A non-profit service for students and professionals looking for internships and jobs. Features a Career Tips page and internship postings.
- Environmental Jobs and Careers
Find environmental jobs in government and private organizations. Locate agencies/orgs by region or by field, and check out salary ranges and resume advice.
- Environmental Protection Agency
The EPA Careers page provides info on EPA jobs for college grads, as well as research opportunities and grants.
- Ecological Society of America
Go to the ESA Career Opportunities page to learn about life as an ecologist, and explore related job titles.
- Spotlight on Careers
An overview of environmental careers. Lists the best environmental job-search websites and non-profit sites.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides specific career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing. Occupational surveys from real employees in each industry are also available.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.