Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Brookside Community Health Center
- SCA Consulting
- Human Rights Watch
- Global Justice
- Analysis Group
- Various Universities/Colleges
- Center for Sex & Culture
- Quest Diagnostics
- Hancock Shaker Village
- New Beginnings
- Straight Talk Foundation
Great positions for students with this major:
- Social Worker
- Lawyer/Legal Assistant
- Program Coordinator
- Director of Development for a non-profit
- University/College Instructor/Professor
- Community Educator
- National Women’s Studies Association
Established in 1977, NWSA is a professional organization dedicated to leading the field of women’s studies and gender studies, as well as its teaching ,learning, research, and service wherever they be found.
- National Center for Women & Policing
promotes increasing the number of women at all ranks of law enforcement as a strategy to improve police response to violence against women. Career database for jobs for women in law enforcement.
- National Organization for Women
A feminist advocacy group that proposes to take action to bring women into full participation in society.
- Ms. Foundation for Women
Employment opportunities at Ms. Foundation for Women, leading national philanthropic institution championing an equitable society for women and girls in the U.S.
- GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network)
Leading national education organization focused on ensuring safe schools for all students.
- Career Women
Career database with jobs openings looking for top women & diversity talent.
- Spotlight on Careers
An overview of environmental careers. Lists the best environmental job-search websites and non-profit sites.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides specific career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing. Occupational surveys from real employees in each industry are also available.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.