Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Meridian International Center
- Morrison & Foster, LLP
- Insight Direct
- Massachusetts Superior Court
- US Department of the Interior
- Laurin Publishing Co.
- Theodor Storm Gesellschaft, Germany
- The Franklin Institute Science Museum
- US Embassy Berlin
- National Yiddish Book Center
- Dept. of Justice, Office of Immigration
- Haus Publishing, Ltd.
Great positions for students with this major:
- Program Associate/Coordinator
- Legal Assistant
- Government worker
- International Businessperson
- Embassy Worker
- Publishing Assistant
- German Embassy
Browse the Embassy website for information on the German labor market, obtaining a visa, and application processes.
- Proz-The Translators Workplace
Great for anyone interested in picking up spot-jobs in document translation - offers dozens of job postings every day.
Find internships and jobs at non-profits organizations in German-speaking countries or in the United States.
- Teach English Abroad
The Transitions Abroad website offers several articles and guides to teaching ESL abroad, as well as a links page of the best ESL overseas teaching programs.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including interpreters & translators, social scientists, teachers, and international business consultants.
- Spotlight on Careers
An overview of environmental careers. Lists the best environmental job-search websites and non-profit sites.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides specific career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing. Occupational surveys from real employees in each industry are also available.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.