Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Northwest Family to Family
- New York City Board of Education
- Simpson, Thacher, & Bartlett
- California Assembly (government)
- Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Various Public and Private Schools
- Bridges to Community
- Bilzin, Sumberg, Baena, Price & Axelrod, LLP
- Bank of America
- State of Connecticut
Great positions for students with this major:
- Media Director
- Government Field Representative/other government worker
- Project Manager/Assistant
- Director of a Non-Profit Organization
- Program Coordinator/Director
- Research/Study Coordinator
- International Volunteer Coordinator
- Legal Assistant
- Probation Officer
- Financial Industry Worker
- Latin American Association
The LAA website features a Job Bank for those who seek bilingual job opportunities, as well as a volunteer page.
- Latin American Studies Association
Check out the LASA Employment and Research Opportunities pages.
- United Nations
The UN has an employment page with hundreds of job opportunities, as well as peacekeeping and field missions.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields and occupations including interpreters & translators, social scientists, teachers, and international business consultants.
- Spotlight on Careers
An overview of environmental careers. Lists the best environmental job-search websites and non-profit sites.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing. Occupational surveys from real employees in each industry are also available.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.