Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation: Lerner Research
- The Sex Abuse Treatment Center
- Argent Mortgage Company, LLC
- Various top-rated hospitals
- Hampshire Education Collaborative
- McDermott, Will and Emery
- The Segal Group
- Ernest Gallo Clinic & Research Center
- Operation Smile
- Child Family Health International
- Charles River Laboratories
- Various Universities
Great positions for students with this major:
- Research Associate
- Disability Specialist
- Educational Consultant
- Research Director
- Health Analyst
- Legal Assistant/Lawyer
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- American Institute of Biological Sciences
Find career guidance and classifieds on their Careers in the Biological Sciences page.
- Animal Behavior Society
The ABS provides grants to research assistants for specific projects. See also their Career Development page.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various
fields/occupations including biological sciences, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare.
- Careers in Medicine (AAMC)
Career website of the Association of American Medical Colleges. Provides a guided, online career exploration program.
Published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Features an excellent Career Development page with articles concerning science careers and education.
- Society for Neuroscience
The SFN provides a Careers page and links to internships and funding through the NIH and other organizations.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.