What Can I Do with an MHC Major in Physics?
Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- JP Morgan
- Solutia, Inc.
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- HL Yoh Company
- Sequoia Analytical
- Rome Astronomical Observatory
- Various Universities
- Fermi National Accelerator Lab
- National Astronomy Observatory
- Five College Astronomy Summer Program
- Indian Institute of Science
- Justus Liebig-University Giessen
- Entergy Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station
Great positions for students with this major:
- Engineering Lab Technician
- Research Associate/Director
- College Instructor/Professor
- Teacher (Public or Private School)
- Financial Analyst
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Technology Recruiter
PhysicsWeb posts jobs, fellowships, and other opportunities daily.
- Physics Today
Search for physics jobs, or head to the Career Resources page for undergraduate guidance.
- American Physical Society
The AIP provides information on internships, job fairs, and career paths at their Careers & Employment page.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including physics, astronomy, education and engineering.
- Careers Using Physics
Learn about networking, training & credentials, and read career profiles of real physicists. Features “a day in the life.”
- Spotlight on Careers
Explore the Sciences page - find career profiles, internship opportunities, and educational resources.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.