Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- American Red Cross
- Departments of Defense & State
- Share Our Strength.org
- US House of Representatives
- Random House, Inc.
- Metropolitan Opera
- Various Non-Profit Organizations
- Various Colleges/Universities
- American Express Publishing
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Fidelity Investments
- Charles G Koch Foundation
- Offices of Various Attorneys
Great positions for students with this major:
- Programming Coordinator
- Campaign Organizer
- Account Executive
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Policy Associate
- Legislative Aide
- Congressional Scheduler
- Admissions Specialist
- Research Assistant
- Director of a Non-Profit Organization
- Director of a Business Division
- American Political Science Association
Browse the APSA page for Careers in Political Science, job postings, FAQs, and suggested readings & resources.
- International Political Science Association
The IPSA offers a small number of awards for graduate students and scholars in political science.
Information on nonprofit and community organizations. Features a Nonprofit Career Center and a job search engine.
- Political Science Careers
Over one hundred job titles and career fields, and an excellent list of links and resources.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including physics, astronomy, education and engineering.
- Spotlight on Careers
Explore the Sciences page - find career profiles, internship opportunities, and educational resources.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.