Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Various Universities
- Autism Research and Training Center
- TD Banknorth, N.A.
- Boston Healthcare Associates
- San Francisco Office of Public Defense
- North American Airlines (corporate)
- Wediko Children’s Services
- Various Public and Private Schools
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Arab American National Museum
- Goldman Sachs
- Safe Passage, Inc.
Great positions for students with this major:
- Programming Coordinator/Manager
- Research Associate
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Case Manager
- Human Resources Specialist
- Lab Coordinator
- Research Analyst
- Teacher (Sp. Ed. & mainstream)
- Social Worker
- Community Educator
- School Psychologist
- American Psychological Association
The APA offers a Student website with excellent articles: “Considering a Career in Psychology?” “Getting into Graduate School,” “Scholarships, Grants, and Funding Opportunities,” and more.
- Psi Chi - The National Honor Society in Psychology
An excellent resource for grants, awards, and research opportunities.
- Association for Psychological Science
Go to the APS website and find out about grants, awards, scholarships, and the APS Mentorship program.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including physics, astronomy, education and engineering.
- Spotlight on Careers
Explore the Sciences page - find career profiles, internship opportunities, and educational resources.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.