Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Corcoran Museum of Art-College of Art & Design
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- The Harold Grinspoon Charitable Foundation
- All Saints Episcopal Church
- American Justice Partnership
- Monitor Group
- St. John’s Congregational Church
- M&T Bank
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Various Public and Private Schools
- Various Colleges and Universities (e.g. Bryn Mawr, New York University)
Great positions for students with this major:
- Social Worker
- Research Coordinator
- Program Manager
- Editorial Assistant
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Youth Ministry Director
- Director of a Non-Profit
A massive collection of information on nonprofit and community organizations. Features a Nonprofit Career Center and a job search engine.
- Why Study Religion?
A great introduction to careers in religious studies, graduate schools and teaching, and religious professions.
- American Academy of Religion
Join the AAR or another association to broaden your academic and career network.
- Philosophy and Religion – Careers
Browse through dozens of career titles, employers, and links to career and professional resources.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including physics, astronomy, education and engineering.
- Spotlight on Careers
Explore the Sciences page - find career profiles, internship opportunities, and educational resources.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.