Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Google, Inc.
- Youth Venture
- Global Collect
- Hans Publishing, Ltd.
- The Hartford Children’s Theater
- The National Yiddish Book Center
- Various Public and Private Schools
- Boch Enterprises
- Servicio Paz y Justicia
- Hoague & Bayless, Attorneys & Counsel
Great positions for students with this major:
- Business Development Manager
- Program Coordinator
- Travel Consultant
- Museum Curator
- Social Worker
- Research Associate
- Lawyer/Legal Assistant
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
The ACTFL has an excellent Career Center page with job postings, guidance, and workshops.
- Proz - The Translators Workplace
Great for anyone interested in picking up spot-jobs in document translation - offers dozens of job postings every day.
Find internships and jobs at non-profits organizations in other countries or in the United States.
- Teach English Abroad
The Transitions Abroad website offers several articles and guides to teaching ESL abroad, as well as a links page of the best ESL overseas teaching programs.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including physics, astronomy, education and engineering.
- Spotlight on Careers
Explore the Sciences page - find career profiles, internship opportunities, and educational resources.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.