What Can I Do with an MHC Major in Statistics?
Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Barclay’s Capital
- Children’s Hospital Boston
- DM-STAT, Inc.
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Deutsche Asset Management NY
- Haitong Securities
- JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Merrill Lynch
- Casyst Limited
- Mapi Values
Great positions for students with this major:
- Research/Study Coordinator
- Statistical Programmer
- Finance Associate
- Risk Analyst
- Government Statistician
- Institutional Research Director
- Athletics Statistician
- American Statistical Association
Browse the ASA Career Center page for information on industries that employ statisticians, jobs and internships, and lots of free brochures!
- American Mathematical Society
The AMS provides a Careers and Employment page with job listings, career profiles, and job sites for math majors.
- Association for Women in Mathematics
Great articles about mathematics career paths and links for career websites, job postings, and information on grants and scholarship programs.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including interpreters & translators, social scientists, teachers, and international business consultants.
- Spotlight on Careers
Explore the Sciences page - find career profiles, internship opportunities, and educational resources.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.