Off-Campus Federal Work Study

The organizations partnering with MHC through the Off Campus Federal Work Study program are typically non-profit agencies focused on serving the community. These programs provide you with an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in the community. You can find positions that link together your areas of academic and professional interest. All Off-Campus Work Study positions are listed in the JobX student employment database.

Community Based-Learning (CBL)

The Weissman Center’s Community-Based Learning (CBL) program connects academic work and purposeful engagement with the world. CBL links Mount Holyoke College students with communities through courses, independent studies, internships, and research and service projects that combine learning and analysis with action and social change. Learn more about these on-campus opportunities on the CBL website

How to Participate

  • You must have Federal Work-Study your financial aid package to participate (not MHC Work Study). Contact Student Financial Services or Student Employment to check on your work-study status.
  • You must attend an Off-Campus Work Study Information Session prior to interviewing for off-campus positions.  See the CDC calendar for available dates.
  • Many organizations request a resume or cover letter as part of the work-study job application.  
  • If you are offered a position, have your new supervisor complete the Work Study Agreement Form and return this form to the CDC. You may not begin working until you have submitted this form to the CDC.
  • Once you begin work, complete a bi-weekly timesheet, have it signed by your supervisor and return it to the CDC (not Payroll) before 10:00 am on the Monday following the end of the pay period.  You can get timesheets in the Student Employment Office in the CDC.

Important Notice: Students planning on working at Connections After School (at Peck Elementary), CHOICES After School (at Peck Elementary) or Homework House (at Chestnut Street) must complete the Off-Campus Contract for Holyoke Community Engagement


For PVTA bus schedules, MHC Shuttles, and other transportation options, see the Auxiliary Services website.