EEO & Employer Contract
Employers seeking to recruit Mount Holyoke College students for jobs and Internships must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Employment Professionals.
The 3-College Consortia Recruiting Policies Contract must also be signed prior to any recruiting activities.
There are two easy ways to sign the contract:
1. Digitally, on our Recruiting Policies Contract form (note: this link will take you to a Google form)
Important Recruiting Guidelines
Definition of Recruiting Activities
Recruiting activities include, but are not limited to: career fairs; on-campus interviews; information sessions and company presentations; campus information tables; classroom presentations and guest panel discussions; and other advertised opportunities communicated to students through bulletin boards, mail announcements, and e-mail.
We do not condone exploding job offers. We recommend that employers give students a minimum of two weeks to return a decision on a job offer. As stated by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles Committee, the CDC "recommends that employers who make job offers at the beginning of a semester consider keeping their offers open until the end of the semester so that students can fully explore other opportunities and, ultimately, make the wisest decisions for all concerned."
Job Offer Deadlines
Since informed decisions benefit both our students and employer partners, students must be given ample time to complete their job searches prior to making decisions regarding job offers. The following deadlines are required:
- Entry-level offer extended to a former intern: November 1 or 2 weeks after written offer; whichever is later
- Fall entry-level employment offer: November 1 or two weeks after written offer; whichever is later
- Spring entry-level employment offer: 2 weeks after written offer
- Internship offer: March 1 or 2 weeks after written offer; whichever is later
We are committed to maintaining the privacy of personal information provided by students, alumnae, and employers. Please read our Privacy Statement for more information.
We look forward to working with you!