In order to track the time that you work, and ultimately, to get paid, you will keep a timesheet. You can get new timesheets in the Student Payroll Office in Skinner Hall, or in the Student Employment Office in the Career Development Center. Your paycheck cannot be processed without a time sheet.
Completing & Submitting Your Timesheet
- Fill in your employee timesheet following the guidelines found in this Sample Timesheet.
- Make a copy of the completed time sheet for your records.
- Check the schedule of Pay Periods and End Dates, Time Sheet Due Dates and Pay on the back of every time sheet.
- Remember that time sheets are due in the Payroll Office by noon on the Monday following the end of the pay period.
- Follow your department’s procedures for submitting time sheets to meet the Time Sheet Due Date in the Payroll Office.
- DON’T hold your time sheets or submit more than one time sheet per pay period for each department in which you work. If, because of some unforeseen event, you have un-submitted time sheets for more than one pay period, complete them and take them as soon as possible to the Payroll Office.
- Student employment checks are issued bi-weekly by the Payroll Office, upon the receipt of a completed time sheet.
- On the morning of the bi-weekly Pay Date, all paychecks and direct deposit notices will be sent to the college post office and distributed to student post office boxes.
- We highly recommend that you sign up for direct deposit. Through direct deposit, your pay will be deposited in your bank account on the morning of the Pay Date.
- If you are expecting a paycheck and do not receive one, please notify the Payroll Office at 413-538-2709 as soon as possible.
Student Work Clearance
In order to work on campus, all students must complete the forms listed on the Student Payroll Office website. If you have any questions regarding the completion of these forms, please contact the Payroll Office at 413-538-2503.