Major and Minor Internship Search Tools
The most up to date listings for internships can be found on LyonNet. With hundreds of active internships (expect more listings late fall-early spring for summer opportunities), we collaborate with 28 other liberal arts colleges to provide a broad range of opportunities. Here you can also sign up to have internships emailed to you by areas of interest by utilizing the “search agent” feature.
Internships-USA, an online database, provides continually updated internship opportunities by topic and geographic area. Access Internships-USA through LyonNet.
Our Career Center and Library provide extensive information about how to search for and secure an internship, visit us and meet with a counselor to talk about the process.
Not sure where to get started? Attend an internship workshop to learn more about how to conduct an effective and efficient search or develop your own opportunity.
Internship and Research Funding
Mount Holyoke College has a unique centralized summer funding program called the Universal Application Form (UAF) that provides financial support for internship and research projects. Students from all majors are encouraged to apply.
There are other funding sources and fellowships available to MHC students that are external to the UAF system. These opportunities are diverse and numerous, ranging from research grants provided by MHC faculty to summer fellowship offered by international organizations to national and international awards for pre-and post-graduate experiences. These opportunities are searchable by major and interest areas. The CDC also has additional fellowship opportunities beyond what is published on our Web site in the CDC library. See CDC Hours.
Internships by Discipline
The following listings and information has been supplied directly by the academic departments, for more details about these internships, please contact the department directly or your faculty advisor.
Some internship or research programs of interest to Asian Studies students may include:
- Tokyo Woman’s Christian University, Tokyo, Japan
- Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul, Korea
- Minjiang University, Fuzhou, China (Fujian Province)
- Shenzhen Diguang Electronics Co., Shenzhen, China
- UNICEF, Bangkok, Thailand
- Thế Giới Publishing, Hanoi, Vietnam
- The Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi, India
- Jamyang Education Foundation for Buddhist Women, Indian Himalayas.
- Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP, Seoul, Korea
Previous MHC Student Internships
See where other students have interned with this major. For more detailed information, visit the CDC library, where you can read detailed summaries of the students' experiences. Examples of former student internship and student reports and placements include:
- Bank of East Asia, Shanghai
- Beijing Yucai Elementary School, English Teacher
- China Southern Fund Management Co, Ltd.
- Regional Cooperation Office for City Information, China
- Sunfull Digital Technology Limited, China
- United Nations Development Program, Bhutan
- CNBC Asia Pacific
- Goldman Sachs LLC
- Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation
- Tokyo Women’s Christian University
- Korea Institute for International Economic Policy
- Department of Microbiology, INHA University College of Medicine
- Action Aid International Thailand
Career Paths and Additional Resources by Discipline
The CDC has handouts for every MHC major and minor, see "What can I do with a major in...", which provides information by Majors on possible career paths taken by students, examples of where previous students have interned, and other career and professional resources based on your major/minor area.