Fellowships and Internships
Medical Schools, Government Organizations, and Universities offer internships in fields related to the health professions, including medically-related research in the basic sciences as well as clinical internship programs.
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine: Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP)
The Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine offers college students an opportunity to carry out original research in a laboratory.
- Cancer Research Internship Compilation
Members of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center have developed this list, which is an extensive compilation of cancer research internships offered nationwide to high school, undergraduate, post-bac, MPH, and PhD-level students.
- Chester Summer Scholars Program, Cleveland Ohio
The Edward M. Chester, M.D. Summer Scholars Program awards fifteen collegiate undergraduate students the opportunity to spend ten weeks over the summer in clinical laboratory research settings at MetroHealth Medical Center.
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle
Students spend a nine week period as part of a research team after selecting an area of interest, such as: cellular biology, developmental biology, genetics, membrane biology, molecular biology, molecular immunology, structural biology, oncogenes, or virology.
- Mayo Clinic Summer Undergraduate Research Program
Each year, 70-80 undergraduate students from around the United States come to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., to work beside both young and established scientists on a broad range of biomedical research questions.
- Medical University of Ohio: Summer Research Program
The fellowship includes 10 weeks of experimental study in a research laboratory.
- Medical University of South CarolinaT
he awards are preferentially made to highly motivated undergraduate students who are considering a career in basic science research. This experience is particularly valuable for students seeking admission to Ph.D. programs.
- New York University School of Medicine SURP
The Sackler Institute of Graduate Biomedical Sciences of New York University's School of Medicine offers a Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) for qualified sophomores and juniors who are interested in pursuing research careers as PhD or MD/PhD candidates.
- NIH Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research
- Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
Research opportunities for undergraduate students interested in careers in medicine or biomedical research. Participants in this program work in an active research laboratory under the guidance of a faculty member.
- Rutgers / UMDNJ Neuroscience Undergraduate Summer Research Program for NJ Students
A 10 week summer research program is available for outstanding undergraduates from New Jersey who have a strong interest in a basic research experience with a focus on neuroscience.
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas: Summer Undergraduate Research
Fellows spend ten weeks (beginning June 5, 2006 through August 11, 2006), pursuing individual research projects in the laboratories of UT Southwestern Graduate School faculty members.