Major and Minor Internship Search Tools
The most up to date listings for internships can be found on LyonNet. With hundreds of active internships (expect more listings late fall-early spring for summer opportunities), we collaborate with 28 other liberal arts colleges to provide a broad range of opportunities. Here you can also sign up to have internships emailed to you by areas of interest by utilizing the “search agent” feature.
Internships-USA, an online database, provides continually updated internship opportunities by topic and geographic area. Access Internships-USA through LyonNet.
Our Career Center and Library provide extensive information about how to search for and secure an internship, visit us and meet with a counselor to talk about the process.
Not sure where to get started? Attend an internship workshop to learn more about how to conduct an effective and efficient search or develop your own opportunity.
Students with an interest in a Philosophy major are encouraged to research and develop their own internship opportunity. To assist you in securing an internship, please find below a sampling of places where Philosophy majors have completed an internship. Please note: the CDC does not promote or is in no way affiliated with the companies or institutions listed.
- A Better Way of Life
- Allen County Community Corrections
- Allied Learning Center
- Amnesty International
- Art Institute of Chicago, Ryerson and Burnham Library of Architecture
- Congressman Ken Bentsen - US Congress
- Coro Kansas City
- Development/Department of Family Social Science
- Girl Scouts-Totem Council, Camp Robbinswold
- Harvard Common Press
- Institute of Living
- Kafoury and McDougal
- Merrill Lynch
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell Medical Center
- New York University School of Medicine, Laboratory of Infectious Diseases
- NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Office of the Under Secretary of Defense
- Pacific News Service - New America Media
- State Senator Stan Rosenberg
- The Harvard Common Press
- United States District Court
- University of Minnesota, Institute of Child Development/Department of Family Social Science
- University of Montana, Snowshoe Hare Research
To search for active internship listings, please visit the LyonNet database.
More specifically, students with interest in Philosophy should watch this page for listings of summer possibilities as they become available.