Local, part-time positions with businesses and individuals in the South Hadley area are also available through JobX. Note: these jobs are not related to Mount Holyoke College and not connected with financial aid.
If you are an international student, your visa status may limit your ability to work off-campus. If you are unsure of the work authorization related to your visa, contact the McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives.
Guidelines and Safety Measures
If you plan to pursue a local job, please follow the College’s guidelines below for assessing the integrity of the position and accepting employment. Mount Holyoke is not responsible for safety or other aspects of off-campus employment.
- Research the organization or individual.
- Use caution and common sense when applying for any position off-campus. Don’t put yourself in a vulnerable situation. For example, you should not go alone to any residential address to apply for a job. If you feel uncomfortable, do not pursue the position further and contact the Student Employment Office.
- If a job is offered by an individual, ask for references and the name of the last person to work for her/him.
- Make sure that you and your employer have agreed upon the rate of pay, the hours required and the job requirements before you begin work. If you are unsure about any of these, ask the employer to put them in writing.
- Be sure to discuss how and when you will be paid before you begin work.
If you have any questions regarding local, part-time jobs, please contact Janice Kane, Coordinator of Student Employment.