Potential Questions for the Interviewing Process
Below is a list of potential interview questions. There is no way to guarantee exactly what questions may be asked, but
this list can serve as a primer as to what types of questions to expect.
- What are the most relevant and specific items in your background, which show you are uniquely qualified for this job?
- What do you think you could present that World be a stronger asset than other candidates?
- Why should we hire you?
- What makes you want to be a ___________ ?
- How are you doing in your present job search?
- What other organizations are you looking into?
- What do you expect to get out of your career?
- What aspects of a job are most important to you?
- What are your goals for the next 4-5 years or ten years from today?
- What is your greatest accomplishment to date, and why?
- What do you consider to be you weakness?
- What do you consider to be your strength?
- How would you define success?
- Describe a situation in which someone was unhappy with your performance and how you responded.
- Do you read, speak, or write a foreign language?
- How would you spend your spare time?
- Tell me about the way you work under pressure.
- Describe a team experience and your role on that team.
- Describe a time when you were able to effectively communicate with a co-worker even though you may not have had a positive, personal relationship.
- Tell me about a time when you had to defend your ideas/projects in the face of opposition.
- Describe a time when you and a good friend/co-worker were in a competitive situation. What happened?
- How would you describe your work style?
- How well do you work independently? UIT others?
- How do you feel about routine work? Regular hours? Overtime work?
Drive, Ambition, and Motivation
- Give me an example when you were exceptionally motivated. Describe this experience.
- Tell me about a time when you were told that a goal that you set was unattainable. What was your reaction?
- We often have long hours and we expect a great deal from your people. Describe a time when you went about and beyond the “call of duty.”
Independence, Maturity, Stress
- Describe a time when others looked to you for leadership and guidance. What was the situation and how did you conduct yourself?
- Tell me about a situation in which you had to juggle several high-priority tasks. What was the outcome?
- Why did you decide on this course of study?
- What quantitative courses did you take?
- Which did you enjoy?
- What elements of your major program appealed to you the most?
- What areas of interest Hill you continue to pursue on your own?
- How effectively do you balance your course load at school with any jobs or extracurricular activities that you may have?
- Why did you choose Mount Holyoke College?
- How has your field of study prepared you for this position?
- Do you plan for further education?
- Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge and how you developed an innovative way to meet that challenge.
- Tell me about an innovative response to challenging work or client situation.
- Describe a time when your analytical skills were put to the test. What was the challenge, how did you react, what was the outcome?
- What Project provided you with the greatest challenge?
- How do you analyze information and arrive at decisions? Give me an example.
- What activities have you been involved in?
- Which one do you find most rewarding and why?
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned from your co-curricular activities?
- Tell me about a challenging situation you faced in _________, how did you deal with it?
- Describe a situation where you had to take the initiative to start and begin a project, and what you learned from it.
Work Experience Related
- How did you like your summer jobs, or internship?
- What did you learn about yourself?
- What was the most regarding thing about this job?
- What kind of boss would you prefer?
- What do you consider to be the most important skills for this position?
- What personal characteristics are necessary for success in this field?
- What is your understanding of this industry?
- Where do you see our industry heading?