Mount Holyoke College provides funding of $3,000 for domestic internships and $3,600 for international internships to every eligible* student who has secured a qualified summer internship or research position and completed all components of the Lynk UAF application by the deadline.
- Lynk-UAF funds support unpaid or low-paid** summer internships or research projects.
- Opportunities must qualify as substantive, relevant, learning opportunities.
- Projects in countries or regions assigned a level 3 or 4 travel warning by the United States are not eligible.***
- Projects supporting political parties/campaigns are not eligible.
- Cost of living and travel adjustments will be added for projects in certain locations
- Begin your Lynk UAF application in the Applications section of the Self Service area on my.mtholyoke.edu in the fall. (Lynk UAF opens after the LEAP Symposium each year)
- Visit the Lynk UAF orientation page for a detailed overview of the process.
- Complete Step 1 (orientation, advising and resume) by 5pm by the third Friday of February. You do not need an internship secured for Step 1.
- Complete Step 2 (report your secured, qualified internship & complete online training) by 5pm by the last day of spring semester finals.
Lynk UAF recipients are required to:
- complete the Summer Internship Reflection Form in the Self Service area on my.mtholyoke.edu,
- participate in a 2-credit sustained reflection course such as COLL 211, a departmental capstone course, or an Independent Study, and
- complete a presentation on your experience at the LEAP Symposium, Senior Symposium, or other approved event.
For Faculty and Staff
Two detailed guides are available for faculty and staff (Mount Holyoke login required to request access):
*Sophomores and juniors in good academic standing are eligible to apply. Students may receive summer funding once in their 4 years at MHC, regardless of the funding source. External research grants are the one exception - see the Lynk UAF Orientation or FAQ for more information.
**Low paid: REDUCED award equal to the standard award minus all employer wages and/or stipends.
***Students may apply for an exception to the travel warning policy. To request the exception paperwork, email firstname.lastname@example.org