MHC provides funding of $3,000 for domestic internships and $3,600 for international internships to every eligible* student who has secured a qualified summer internship or research position and completed all components of the Lynk UAF application by the deadline.
- Lynk-UAF funds support unpaid or low-paid** summer internships or research projects.
- Opportunities must qualify as substantive, relevant, learning opportunities.
- Projects in countries or regions assigned a travel warning by the United States are not eligible.***
- Projects supporting political parties/campaigns are not eligible.
- Cost of living and travel adjustments will be added for projects in certain locations.
Lynk UAF recipients are required to:
- complete the Summer Internship Reflection Form in the Self Service area on my.mtholyoke.edu,
- participate in a 2-credit sustained reflection course such as COLL 211, a departmental capstone course, or an Independent Study, and
- complete a presentation on your experience at the LEAP Symposium, Senior Symposium, or other approved event.
*Sophomores and juniors in good academic standing are eligible to apply. Students may receive summer funding once in their 4 years at MHC, regardless of the funding source. External research grants are the one exception - see the Lynk UAF Orientation or FAQ for more information.
**Low paid: REDUCED award equal to the standard award minus all employer wages and/or stipends.
***Students may apply for an exception to the travel warning policy. To request the exception paperwork, email firstname.lastname@example.org