Mount Holyoke’s outdoor grounds are currently open to the public and, in accordance with current state guidelines, no masks are required outdoors regardless of vaccination status, but are encouraged when physical distancing is not possible. Face coverings/masks are required indoors except when in a private space. The Mount Holyoke community must wear lanyards and display their IDs on campus.
All campus buildings are closed to the public except where specifed below. Campus guests are typically hosted by a member of the Mount Holyoke community and must follow all campus policies.
- Five College students enrolled in MHC classes are permitted to attend co-curricular programming.
- Guests are permitted to attend events at the Willits-Hallowell Conference Center.
- Guests are permitted on campus for Admission programs.
- Guests are permitted to participate in gatherings that are contracted to be held at the Equestrian Center facility and are coordinated by the professional staff.
- Guests are permitted to participate in athletic competitions, following Conference policies, policy and procedures enacted by Athletics and Physical Education, and club sports policies set by the College. Guests in this context are defined as: those competing in the contest or officiating the contest including opposing student-athletes, opposing coaches, and officials.
Guests and Visitors at College Events
In all of the following instances, point-of-entry proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result will be required for guests and visitors. COVID vaccination documentation must detail an FDA- or WHO-authorized vaccine completed two weeks prior to the event. Booster doses are not required. Test results must be from an authorized agency (i.e. a medical office, pharmacy or testing center) and from a test administered within three days of arrival for a PCR test or 24 hours for a rapid test. Self tests will not be accepted. Visitors from one of the Five Colleges do not need to provide vaccine or test results if they show their current ID from their institution.
Indoor Events (not including residence halls)
- Student events
One non-College guest per student will be permitted at indoor student events up until the venue reaches 75% capacity. Non-MHC guests must be accompanied by their host and will not be granted access to buildings or indoor spaces outside of the event location. For more information about student events, including what constitutes a student event, please refer to the Student Event Policy and Procedure.
- Public events
A limited number of visitors may be permitted to attend select events. Events that are open to visitors must maintain 75% capacity. Visitors at this type of event do not require a College student host, but will not be granted access to buildings or indoor spaces outside of the event location.
- Sporting events
Mount Holyoke College will permit a limited number of external spectators at indoor sporting events up until the venue reaches 75% capacity.
- External spectators are allowed at outdoor sporting events.
Emeriti Faculty and Retired Staff
With proof of vaccination and participation in the College’s testing program:
- Emeriti faculty and retired staff members may use Kendall Sports & Dance Complex and the Williston Memorial Library.
- Emeriti faculty can use Emeriti House.
Vendors and Contractors
Vendors and contractors entering Mount Holyoke College buildings to perform essential services must complete our Vendor/Contractor Checklist. This form is not accessible to the public and will be directly provided to the vendor by the College department who contracted their services. MHC faculty and staff can access this form by going to the “COVID 19 – Information for Employees page” in my.mtholyoke.