Mount Holyoke’s outdoor grounds are currently open to the public and, in accordance with current state guidelines, no masks are required outdoors regardless of vaccination status, but are encouraged when physical distancing is not possible. Face coverings/masks are required indoors except when in a private space. The Mount Holyoke community must wear lanyards and display their IDs on campus.
All campus buildings are closed to the public except where specifed below. Campus guests are typically hosted by a member of the Mount Holyoke community and must follow all campus policies.
- Five College students enrolled in MHC classes are permitted to attend co-curricular programming.
- Guests are permitted to attend events at the Willits-Hallowell Conference Center.
- Guests are permitted on campus for Admission programs.
- Guests are permitted to participate in gatherings that are contracted to be held at the Equestrian Center facility and are coordinated by the professional staff.
- Guests are permitted to participate in athletic competitions, following Conference policies, policy and procedures enacted by Athletics and Physical Education, and club sports policies set by the College. Guests in this context are defined as: those competing in the contest or officiating the contest including opposing student-athletes, opposing coaches, and officials.
- Guests are permitted to attend private events, weddings and memorials at the Abbey Chapel.
Guests and Visitors in Residential Halls
Please visit Residential Life Housing Policies for information on guests in Residential Halls.
Guests and Visitors at Commencement and Reunion Weekends
A number of health and safety requirements are in place specifically for Commencement and Reunion weekends.
Guests and Visitors at College Events
In all of the following instances, point-of-entry proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result will be required for guests and visitors. COVID vaccination documentation must detail an FDA- or WHO-authorized vaccine completed two weeks prior to the event. Booster doses are now required if eligible. Test results must be from an authorized agency (i.e. a medical office, pharmacy or testing center) and from a test administered within three days of arrival for a PCR test or 24 hours for a rapid test. Self tests will not be accepted. Visitors from one of the Five Colleges do not need to provide vaccine or test results if they show their current ID from their institution. For further details regarding these protocols and the below outlined events, please refer to our in-person event policy.
Indoor Events (not including residence halls)
- Student events
Non-MHC guests must pre-registered and accompanied by their host and will not be granted access to buildings or indoor spaces outside of the event location. For more information about student events, including what constitutes a student event, please refer to the Student Event Policy and Procedure.
- One non-College guest per student will be permitted at Level 1 and Level 2 indoor student events. These events can be held at 100% capacity.
- One non-College guest per student will be permitted at Level 3 indoor student events up until the venue reaches 75% capacity.
- Level 4 indoor student events can operate at 50% capacity, but no non-College guests will be permitted.
- Public events
A limited number of visitors may be permitted to attend select events. Visitors at this type of event do not require a College student host, but will not be granted access to buildings or indoor spaces outside of the event location.
- Sporting events
Mount Holyoke College will permit a limited number of external spectators at indoor sporting events.
- External spectators are allowed at outdoor sporting events.
Emeriti Faculty and Retired Staff
With proof of vaccination and participation in the College’s testing program:
- Emeriti faculty and retired staff members may use Kendall Sports & Dance Complex and the Williston Memorial Library.
- Emeriti faculty can access academic buildings.
- Emeriti faculty can use Emeriti House.
Invited Guests, Vendors and Contractors
Invited guests entering buildings on official College business must complete our Guest/Vendor/Contractor Checklist, which includes a health check, prior to coming to campus. Guests in this context may include job applicants, speakers, performers, vendors, contractors and others providing essential services. This form is not accessible to the public and will be directly provided to the guest by the College department who contracted their services or invited them to campus. MHC faculty and staff can access this form by going to the “COVID 19 – Information for Employees page” in my.mtholyoke.