- Weekdays from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- After hours emergencies
- The Counseling Service staff is comprised of psychologists, social workers, a part-time psychiatrist, and pre- and post-doctoral trainees in psychology. We also have two part-time administrative support staff members.
Clinical services are free and confidential (as per the laws of the state of Massachusetts) for all enrolled students. Our services include:
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Psychotropic Medication Evaluation and Management
- Crisis Intervention
About the Counseling Service
- We support the mission of the college by helping students address illness and other mental health challenges that impede their progress toward achieving their full academic potential and most purposeful engagement in the world.
- Counseling Service is part of the Dean of the College Division, and is located, along with College Health Services, in the Pattie J. Groves Health Center.
- Each year we work with about 30% of the MHC student population.
- By the time a class graduates, we have interacted with about 70% of the students in that class.
- The number of international students and domestic students of color seen at the Counseling Service is proportional to the make-up of the student population.
- We are dedicated to the provision of culturally competent services and issues of diversity, access, and inclusion.