- Weekdays from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- After hours emergencies
- The Counseling Service staff is comprised of psychologists, social workers, a part-time psychiatrist, and pre- and post-graduate trainees in psychology and social work, and administrative staff.
Clinical services are free and confidential (as per the laws of the state of Massachusetts) for all enrolled students. Our services include:
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Psychotropic Medication Evaluation and Management
- Crisis Intervention
About the Counseling Service
- We support the mission of the college by helping students address illness and other mental health challenges that impede their progress toward achieving their full academic potential and most purposeful engagement in the world.
- Counseling Service is part of the Division of Student Life, and is located, along with College Health Services, in the Pattie J. Groves Health Center.
- Each year we work with about 30-35% of the MHC student population.
- By the time a class graduates, we have interacted with about 65-70% of the students in that class.
- We are dedicated to the provision of culturally competent services and issues of diversity, equity, access, and inclusion.