Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: To be forced to work for someone else

Posted by Becka Friedrichs on October 21, 2001 at 16:25:40:

In Reply to: Re: To be forced to work for someone else posted by blueberry on October 17, 2001 at 22:59:48:

I don't believe that it is an issue of what is natural and what is not. We have all been so influenced by our respective communities, that I dont believe anyone can know exactly what they would do if it weren't for society's pressures. I would love to think that I have the drive to be my own boss, but society has time and time again made it quite clear that most of us will end up working for someone else. Therefore, for many it is just easier to accept this fate and go on with their lives. I think Marx's view about the two types of private properties is very interesting, because it assumes that naturally we would all work for ourselves if left alone. Therefore, something must happen to force us to work for others. But how can one exactly make the assumption that we would indeed all have that drive??

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on May 21, 2004.