Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Question on Communism

Posted by Carole on October 23, 2001 at 08:11:02:

In Reply to: Question on Communism posted by Megan on October 22, 2001 at 22:46:36:

We could look at kibbutzim to see if some of them do things the way you suggest. I don't see any reason they couldn't do it that way. The workers democratically decide how to distribute the surplus and that's the essence of communism, right?

: In response to the discussion about "motivation to work" and whether communism does or does not promote laziness, I would like to throw a question out there. In a communist society, are people paid for the amount of labor they do or is it universally equal? It was my understanding that the laborers choose how to divide the profits. if this is the case, wouldn't they democratically decide to pay someone who wasn't pulling their share of work, or was not working at all, less of the profit? (i think work can be defined as many things such as child care or planting or building)

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 17, 2004.