Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: War

Posted by Carole on October 24, 2001 at 15:51:05:

In Reply to: War posted by Megan on October 24, 2001 at 15:04:02:

Wouldn't it depend on what kind of Marxists? The textbook authors don't seem to have that narrow a view. They would see war as overdetermined. It could be so that the companies of one country can exploit the people of the other country. But couldn't it also be for political and cultural reasons? It could be because of religious disagreements or simply because one country wants power over the other. I don't know how Neoclassicalists would see war. It's an interesting question.

: I was wondering how you thought neo-classicalists would make sense of war. I think thats marxists would see it as exploitation so one country can dominate another and take their resources and money, but how would neo-classists see it? As defending markets? That some governments get pleasure from it? Any ideas?

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2001 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on October 29, 2001.