Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: solutions?

Posted by Cindy Chan on October 28, 2001 at 20:06:26:

In Reply to: solutions? posted by Biiftu Aba-Jebel on October 28, 2001 at 08:45:56:

: Though Marx presents all the problems a capitalist society would create he does not present the solutions. What if we as a society came to the conclution that Marx was right and we should switch our ecomomic system, how would one start????

I won't pretend to know that answer to that but I can offer my perspective on things. Perhaps Marx purposefully didn't present any solutions to all the holes he pointed out in capitalism. If he defined solutions then he would be essentializing the economy, the same exact thing that he blamed capitalists for doing. Another reason could be that because the economy is always fluxuating and is overdetermined by all processes on Earth, there are no permanent solutions. Perhaps by the time Marxists come up with solutions the economy would have already changed drastically.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 17, 2004.