Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: solutions?

Posted by Carole on October 30, 2001 at 09:48:20:

In Reply to: Re: solutions? posted by Megan on October 29, 2001 at 10:15:53:

I don't think Marx wanted to improve Neoclassicalism. He wanted to offer an alternative theory. He didn't offer solutions because he thought the task of creating this alternative theory was so hard. I think we are often confusing theory and the economic system the theory is talking about. Neoclassicalism is not an economic system. It is a theory. Marx did not offer an alternative economic system, just a theory about capitalism. He did think that people working together under communism was better but I guess he left it up to other people to create a theory of communism. As far as I know, nobody took up that challenge.

: I agree with Cindy, maybe Marx thought that a complete change would be too difficult to master because things are constantly changing, so he choose to point out all of the problems in the system and maybe wanted to work on those to make neo-classicalism better for everyone involved. He might have seen it as easier to fix the system, instead of implementing a new one.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 17, 2004.