Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: solutions?

Posted by Carole on October 30, 2001 at 09:52:24:

In Reply to: Re: solutions? posted by sara on October 29, 2001 at 18:33:45:

Sara, I don't think there is any such thing as a Marxian economic system. Marx's theory was just that a theory and a theory about capitalism. Capitalism is the economic system. Anyway, I think the problem with not having a theory of an alternative is that just getting rid of one form of capitalism doesn't mean you solve the problems Marx saw in capitalism. You could end up with the Soviet Union or Albania.

: I feel like if he had offered solutions there would be no point in having a Marxian theory to begin with. It would be called the neo-capitalist marxian theory or something of the sort that would have almost nothing to do with his original viewpoint. But if we were to begin with a switch to a Marxian economic system, I guess we could begin a revolution. Marx always wanted revolution- to destroy the existing order, in this case capitalism. That would be a start...

: : Though Marx presents all the problems a capitalist society would create he does not present the solutions. What if we as a society came to the conclution that Marx was right and we should switch our ecomomic system, how would one start????

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2001 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on October 30, 2001.