Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Structure...and self-employment

Posted by Carole on November 2, 2001 at 07:28:33:

In Reply to: Re: Structure...and self-employment posted by Carole on November 2, 2001 at 07:21:19:

I'm sure that many people in slavery said that we shouldn't change that system because it is the system we live in and we should just make it work for us. Personally, I'm just not willing to be so passive.

: : I dont really agree that capitalism is such a bad thing. it just depends on where in the ladder you happen to be. if your at the top, then capitalism is not so bad, you make money from the least amount of work. some people are actually happy to work as wage labor. there are actually people out there that enjoy the jobs that have. I know that I personally would not enjoy being out in a farm being self-employed. capitalism is the system that we live in, the only option is to make the system work for you. i personally feel that under any economic system, people are going to be exploited and taken advantage of. personally there are worst economic system than a capatalist system.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on May 21, 2004.