Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

where do we see "money"?

Posted by Crystal Bourbeau on November 6, 2001 at 21:25:15:

This does not directly relate to this week's discussion, but I think it may be important to think about nonetheless. As we look at films that we may have already seen because they, for the most part, belong to pop culture, I ask myself what other forms of media I hear or see that relate to money or the economy. For example, a ton of the rap songs I hear have to do with money- Mo Money Mo Problems by Puff Daddy and Mace. Also what does that say about class, considering when you listen to so called wealthier music (classical...) how many times do you hear money? We could also look at the blues as an example of using the word money. Also we could look at how rap songs use money in relation to gender, J Lo's My Love Don't Cost a Thing. Or tv shows like Who Wants to Be a Millionare? Who wants to Marry a Millionare?

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2003 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on November 13, 2003.