Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Cause of Great Depression

Posted by Becka Friedrichs on November 8, 2001 at 18:25:47:

In Reply to: Re: Cause of Great Depression posted by Megan on November 8, 2001 at 10:37:31:

I agree with Megan...I don't believe from what we've learned that the Great Depression couldve been completely avoided. Remember, it didnt even start in America...Great Britian was already in trouble by the mid 20s. However, it seems to me that the way that Neoclassical ideas were held onto DEFINITELY exacerbated the situation. It couldve been nipped in the bud had the government stepped in a little sooner. The other question I was wondering has to do with the loans we gave out in WW1. If we hadnt done this, would the US have had the economic boom it had in the early 20s?? At the same time, would we not have had the bust that occured in the 30s?? Just a thought.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 17, 2004.