Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sticky Wages

Posted by Alexandra Polly on November 11, 2001 at 21:17:12:

I am not sure if I understood this in class, the idea of "citizenship rights" came out of this area arouond the Great Depression. The idea of this allowed for the automatic stabilizers that were created to help the country by FDR and Kanes(sp?). For example the automatic stabilizers like unemployment insurance and welfare programs, these were meant to help slow down the collapse of the system is they were to happen again. By the use and implementation of these programs and labor unions and sticky wages is the government saying that a catastropie like the great depression coulnt affect people as quickly/as much as it had previously, how true to you think that is? I think it would perhaps help but just like the programs like the FDIC wont be able to handle the situations they claim to.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on May 21, 2004.