Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dominos

Posted by Alexandra Polly on November 11, 2001 at 21:27:33:

Another thing I found interesting in class that was discussed on thursday was the capitalist business cycle. I guess I had never realized how much one action could effect all of the other actions in this cycle. I never realized that one could get to a point of over investment, and when people realize this they begin to have it affect their decisions about other aspects of the cycle. The negativity feeds on itself, companies over invest and then less factories and investments happen, people get laid off and the economy slows down. It was comforting though to hear that there is also a positive domino system. I believe that "wage led growth" is a very good theory, the fact that people that have good wages spend more, and the final end is that the economy thrives. Also when people own houses and need to keep their jobs to pay off their homes and to pay for all they need to furnish their houses, they are generally happy and work hard to pay for the things that they want. I thought though that the "wage led growth" is a true and effective theory with specific relation to the business cycle? Do you think this is true or another theory is more reasonable?

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 17, 2004.