Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: protect us!!

Posted by sara on December 2, 2001 at 14:07:01:

In Reply to: protect us!! posted by Biiftu Aba-jebel on December 1, 2001 at 00:10:41:

: In my oppinon The Government should always step in to protect the people. Why not when it comes to economic necessities.
: It creates all sorts of problems when the government does not step in. An example of this is the cigerette companies they have more power then should be aloud to one entity, both in the economic markets and the political world.
: People who are addicted to ciggerets almost have no free will; when buying the product. The government should take this product off the market not only because it is taking away peoples free will but because it is harmful for citizens in general to be buying these product.
: The pharmasutical companies are a diffrent story the Government should regulate on them because they aquired too much money and therfore too much power. It is not benificial for the Government (because the are to help and represent the people) if the people to lose their freedom of choice. AND THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH PHARMASUTICAL COMPANYS TODAY IS IT NOT? THEY GET TO DECIED IF THE POOR CLASS SHOULD LIVE OR DIE. I welcome any comments on my thoughts.
: -Biiftu

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2001 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 14, 2001.