Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: life or death

Posted by Julie B on December 9, 2001 at 10:48:28:

In Reply to: life or death posted by biiftu Aba-jebel on December 9, 2001 at 04:13:08:

I agree that cigarette companies aren't offering too many good things to society, mainly addiction and disease. Although, smoking has become such a part of the social norm it would be hard to change it. Almost every company allows people to step out of the office for a cigarette break, not exactly a "chew gum" break. Anyway there are programs that start early to make people aware of the damaging effects of cigarettes and other legal substances. I don't know if DARE is government funded, but I'm guessing it is because police officers are the teachers. And are the commericals that are against smoking government funded? I don't think i have a strong point besides that the government may have programs that are trying to make people aware of the effects of smoking and prehaps offer clinics for people who want to quit. For the most part i would have to say that people who smoke knows that it causes cancer and can kill you. i don't think they walk into it blindly, i just think that most people are unaware how hard it is to quit and how mentally and physically addictive nicotine is.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2001 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 9, 2001.