Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: life, death or cocaine

Posted by Elaine on December 12, 2001 at 00:40:54:

In Reply to: Re: life, death or cocaine posted by miranda on December 10, 2001 at 21:49:42:

Hey, I really liked your message. In fact, I've enjoyed a lot of your messages. You're tops in my book.

: Maybe keeping illegal drugs out of the US is in the best interest of our economy. Think about where marijuana and cocoa plants are grown, poppies.. Certainly not here. We don't even have an agricultural society anymore. If these other drugs were legal, that much more $ would be flooding out of the US and into some other country's economy. That might be one reason.

: Maybe our government is scared of a society of drug users. You know the usual saying is that weed will make you lazy. Maybe it's just the altered perspective that makes you realize spending your life in a factory isn't so appealing. So in turn, maybe people would be lazy, in a capitalist sense. I guess that relates to the economy too.. Cigarettes don't do much to your brain, they're just a nice way to take a break from the day in your cubicle, and they're good for the US economy!

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2001 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 12, 2001.