Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

social responsibilities

Posted by Julie B on December 15, 2001 at 20:59:45:

what are our social responsibilities? you would think that every person has a set of morals, goals, and ideals that they abide by and that they strive for, but does money get in the way? it seems to me that in a handful of movies we have watched in this class, a person is caught between what is the right thing to do and how much money they would get if they don't. i think it is hard to survive in our society with no or little money. money has become essential in everything we do or want and it seems like it forces people to go against their social responsibilities and moral just to put some cash in their pocket...partly because they need to in order to live. is it important to do the right thing even if it means the reward may only be knowing that you stood by your morals and social responsibility? capitalism does not seem like a pretty sight behind the scenes of you ask me.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2001 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 15, 2001.