Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does Moses care?

Posted by Amy Stretten on October 9, 2002 at 20:04:38:

The movie "A Respectable Trade" can definately be considered upseting, for various reasons. Out of all of the disturbing scenes, however, the fact that Moses went back to Fransis, compromsing his own safety, really bothered me! He was willing to be found and killed trying to save the lives of the other house slaves and by going to visit her. However, she only cared for herself. Not even the baby that she was carrying mattered to her more than her own safety. (I'm sorry, but how can you keep a baby to term and then, although more than capable of taking care of it, give it away?) She was nothing more than selfish and materialistic!! She thought she was the victim although she owned and treated human beings no better than animals! I just don't see why Moses cared about her.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 17, 2004.