Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Coke/Pepsi Contracts in High School

Posted by Jacqueline Heller on October 21, 2002 at 18:45:45:

In Reply to: Coke/Pepsi Contracts in High School posted by Blythe on October 21, 2002 at 15:40:47:

We had a coke machine at our school if that counts. I really didn't think too much of it. We had an old machine that people could steal the bottles out of, and so it was replaced with a shiny bright red one. I disliked that this giant red machine had to sit in our common room asking us to buy its products, but I think you start to become immune to things like that this when you see so many machines around.

I must admit I am much more affected by the General Mills and Kelogg relationship and universities. I think it is false representation of the porduct when it is placed in a bin that is not properly disclosed. There are three brands that are eaten here: General Mills, Kelogg, and Post. Post gets no recognition what so ever, and then excpet in Wilder, Kelogg hosts all product placement. Schools should fairly represent the companies that they are buying from, and place general mills cereal inside general mills boxes.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on May 21, 2004.