Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

morality and business

Posted by Sarah P on December 11, 2002 at 14:47:35:

I really find it difficult to believe that it is possible to effectively run a business without making a few immoral decisions along the way. I can't bring myself to be okay with this if it is indeed how our economy runs. However, I personally can not come up with an effective solution to this problem. It seems that no matter what, the businessman who makes the immoral decisions will be the one to prosper. One could say that you should do the right thing and stand up for the proper decisions, but that is only going to get you "stepped on" and put out of business. Does anyone else see this problem differently than I do? Personally, it is important to me that I make money and support myself in the future and that I become successful...however, the immorality of many "smart" business decisions is something I believe I would have trouble dealing with.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2004 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on May 21, 2004.