Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Help! (Does race exist?)

Posted by Jacqueline Heller on December 14, 2002 at 11:07:28:

In Reply to: Help! (Does race exist?) posted by Amy Stretten on December 13, 2002 at 16:16:36:

It depends on who you ask, but I have read books, and I will find the exact one if you want, that have stated that race is no longer believed to be a matter of substance in the minds of leading anthropologists, sociolagists and philosophers. Thes books also recognized as race as a political matter, that race is still used in politics, and although it has no factual basis, it has a politcal/theoretical basis. So one way you could write your paper is on the study of the theory of race in place of race as concrete entity. Also, I would highly recommend talking to your professor to make sure you know what they want and if they would be ok with you writing on your ideas rather than what is prescribed/indoctrinated in the book. You might find that the prof would rather you to answer via the book rather than personal opinion or education. Talk and see. Best of luck with it! :)
-Jacqueline

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2003 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on April 17, 2003.