Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Roger and Me and anti-capitalists and anti-slavery

Posted by Skye Woodrum on December 1, 2003 at 15:32:13:

In Reply to: Re: Roger and Me and anti-capitalists posted by Reginald Harrison on November 15, 2003 at 03:06:55:

Okay. For the record. No. I do not support slavery. And yes, slavery is still out there- think sweatshops. Who makes Nike sneakers? outsourcing to India and Pakistan and many other countries? sweatshops inside our own United States of America? or how about prisoners who work for way less than minimum wages as telemarketers, (don't beleive me- call AT&T and ask them if they have any people in prison working for them) which is as far as I'm concerned is the new cotton picking; not to mention that over 50% of our prison population is non-white.

How my words have been twisted. Just because I feel someone should be rewarded for something good, does not mean I imagine an average person to have no morals, ethics, or personal standards to live by. I didn't realize that some people trust our fellow man so little as to believe as soon as he is in power he will turn evil, and have no problem with...Hmm?....let's say slavery?

Sorry people, but I actually did assume that most people felt slavery was wrong and am actually surprised of being accused of being pro-slavery.

Just because someone has power, does not mean any other rules of life go out the window. At least not for me. Maybe you are concerned of what you would do if you suddenly had some power.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2003 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 1, 2003.