Help Search Campus Map Directories Webmail Home Alumnae Academics Admission Athletics Student Life Offices & Services Library & Technology News & Events About the College Navigation Bar
MHC Home Mount Holyoke College
[ Followups | Post Followup | Economics in Popular Film Discussion | Help ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Neoclassical theory and the idea of hard work

Posted by maria brow on December 3, 2003 at 21:22:58:

In Reply to: Neoclassical theory and the idea of hard work posted by Jessica on October 15, 2001 at 22:00:39:

: I'm getting the feeling that the Neoclassical theory is being linked with the idea of hard work. I dont necessarily think that is completly true. From what I understand the neoclassical theory simply states that all humans are going to make the desicion that will produce the greatest good for them. For example, someone living in a cardboard box, might have very well choosen to live there. For them the material was not that important, and they have decided that for them, what produces the greatest happiness is to simply do as little work as possible. For others what might make them happy is to work for someone else for their entire lives. For others still it might just be to have people working for them, and they would intern receive the profits.
: My point though is that I dont think that the neoclassical theory is stating that in other to have a capitalist system you have to do hard work.
: I dont feel like those 2 concepts, that of hard work and the neoclassical theory, are linked to one another.

Followups

Post a Followup

Name:
Email:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Title of Link:
Optional Image URL:

----------------------------------------

Home | Directories | Web Email | Calendar | Campus Map | Search | Help

About the College | Admission | Academics | Student Life | Athletics
Offices & Services | Giving | News & Events | Alumnae | Library & Technology

Copyright © 2003 Mount Holyoke College. This page created by a script and maintained by Webmaster. Last modified on December 3, 2003.