*Updates to the 2013-14 version of the Tenure, Reappointment and Promotion Guidelines are expected by August 1, 2013.
Chairs and candidates should consult the Handbook of Faculty Legislation for the College’s policies and procedures on reappointment.
The following material must be provided by the department:
1. Departmental Recommendation Summary (form attached)
2. Curriculum Vitae – Use form and order as follows:
Name of Candidate
Degrees, Date Received, Institution
Teaching Experience (most recent first):
Mount Holyoke College, Other Institutions
Compositions, Performances, Publications, Works of Art
(most recent first, with full citations)
Lectures and Papers Delivered
Professional Organizations and Activities
Other Relevant Experience
3. Copies of all Activities and Service Summaries filed by the candidate in prior years, in chronological order (earliest first).
4. A copy of each Summary of Annual Conversation between the candidate and the department chair for years prior to the recommendation, in chronological order (earliest first). Please include a copy of any response from the candidate to the Chair. Be sure all those present at the annual conversation have signed the document.
5. Department Recommendation
6. Copy of letter reporting recommendation to candidate (tenure-track reappointments). Legislation stipulates that "When the department sends its recommendation on reappointment to the President and the Advisory Committee, it also shall send the candidate a separate letter reporting this recommendation and explaining in some detail its assessment of his or her performance and the reason for its decision. A copy of this letter shall be sent to the President and the Advisory Committee."
7. Letters are encouraged from departments or programs with which the candidate is affiliated, formally or informally, whether or not required by legislation.
8. All other Supporting Documents considered by the department, including teaching evaluations, enrolments, external letters (if any) publications, audio- and video tapes or disks, slides of works of art, enrollments, etc. Syllabi are very helpful.
For all personnel recommendations to be reviewed by the Advisory Committee, we request that eight copied sets (three-hole punched) of material plus the original be submitted to our office. The Dean of Faculty’s office will provide tabbed binders to aid in this process. Please note that copies of supporting material such as articles and books should be submitted as well. If you have any administrative questions on this process, or want to arrange pick up of your binders, please call the office at ext. 2858, for assistance.