Overseen by the Faculty Grants Committee, the Emeriti Research Fund provides support for the scholarly and creative activities of retired faculty.
Emeriti are eligible to apply for a maximum of $1,500 each year for funding for travel to conferences or other research expenses.
The Faculty Grants Committee judges a Faculty Grant proposal on the significance of the stated goals, the feasibility of the project, and the expected product or outcome of the proposed research. The Faculty Fellowships and Grants Committee is an interdisciplinary group, and so your proposal should be written for scholars who are not specialists in your field. An application consists of the following information:
- Please include the words "Emeriti Research Fund" in your project title.
- A brief description of the proposed project
- If you are requesting travel funds, explain how this travel would further your scholarly work. Documentation of prospective costs (registration, lodging, etc) should be included in your budget.
- If you are requesting support for publication costs, explain why the venue for publication was chosen.
- If prior College support has been awarded for the same project, include a statement of what was accomplished with that prior support.
- A detailed budget (Please see the lists of allowable and non-allowable expenses on the Research Support Grants webpage.)
- Information on other support for project or a statement that no such support is available
- Any other documentation to support your request (e.g. conference program, invitation/acceptance letters for conferences, invoices for page charges, etc.)
All grant expenses must comply with purchasing and travel and reimbursement policies set out by the College.
There will be three deadlines annually. Applications are due online by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, September 25, 2017, Monday, January 15, 2018, and Monday, April 23, 2018.