This mindfulness program for students is designed to provide a tool box for self-reliance and care. Students will learn simple movements to help build body awareness through connecting with breathing techniques. Developing this tool box to promote resilience and self-awareness will be done by learning the scientific connections between breathe work and the increase of blood flow to the brain and central nervous system, resulting in an understanding of self-managed stress reduction techniques. The program is designed to allow students to drop in or attend every session. Movements will be accessible and tailored to a beginner audience.
Questions about M&Ms? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2016-2017 M&Ms programming begins at New Student Orientation with Flourishing 101, a day focused on self-care around wellness themes of resiliency, boundaries, sexual respect, positive psychology, energy management and spiritualilty. Students will participate in workshops offering many healthy options like yoga, dance, meditative walking, water colors, and tai chi. Please check this page at the beginning of each semester for a full list of programming, events and opportunities around campus to connect mind and body.
Quiet Contemplative Spaces on Campus
Wa-Shin-An (Monday-Friday 1-5pm in Eliot House)
Hindu Prayer Room
Muslim Prayer Room
Deep Breathing/Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Autogenic Training and Progressive Muscle Relaxation for iPhone - Contains an autogenic relaxation session, progressive muscle relaxation, and relaxation exercises for breathing.
- Belly Bio for iPhone - Put the iPhone on your stomach. Breathe deeply. Enjoy... For more advanced deep breathers.
- Relax Me for Android - Based on progressive muscle relaxation, this app is designed to help you energize and unwind.
- Peaceful Breathing Lite for Android - Set up the count for breathing in and breathing out, the tempo of the count, and how long you want the program to run.
- Headspace for iPhone and Android - Headspace is a free meditation program that gives you a taste of meditation practice in 10 minutes/day.
- Stop, Breathe & Think - For iOS, Android, and Web. A friendly, simple tool to guide people of all ages and backgrounds through meditations for mindfulness and compassion.
- Mindfulness Meditation for iPhone - Mindfulness-based technique for stress reduction has scientifically proven health benefits. Guided mindfulness meditations were written and narrated by Stephan Bodian, author of the Meditation For Dummies®.
- The Mindfulness Summit - The Mindfulness Summit is a not-for-profit project with a mission to make mindfulness mainstream. We’re making high quality mindfulness training accessible to everyone and supporting mindfulness based charities at the same time.