Reporting protocols for MHC students

Students can report to the following departments:

  • Campus Police
  • Dean of Students Office
  • Health Services
  • Counseling Service
  • Residential Life
  • Alcohol and Drug Awareness Project
  • Academic Deans
  • Title IX Coordinator

Reporting protocols for faculty and staff

  • Any member of the college community has a range of reporting options.
  • The Ombudspersonis a resource available to all faculty, staff, and students.
  • The Dean of the Faculty’s Office is available for questions or concerns related to faculty members.
  • The Director of Human Resources is available for questions or concerns related to staff members.
  • Procedures for the Resolution of Grievances
  • Faculty or staff who hear reports of sexual assault or sexual misconduct from students or other members of the College community may call any of the resources listed in this guide for consultation, assistance, and referrals.

Third party reporting

  • Report from someone other than the survivor of sexual misconduct/sexual assault
  • Can be reported to anyone/department on campus but we encourage reporting to Health Services, Counseling Services, Residential Life,
  • Campus Police, the Dean of Students Office, or Human Resources. Individuals may also directly report to matters to the Title IX Coordinator. 
  • Support is available for person making the third party report
  • A third party report can be investigated and therefore increase the likelihood of the survivor receiving service.
  • Particulars of follow-up in the case of third party reports will depend on the situation.